In a world that is being ever influenced by hate speech, fake news and censorship here we outline our policy on interaction between you our readers and us the team. This policy applies across our official social media accounts and blog platforms. It’s aim is to ensure that you always get the best quality content, and we develop a great relationship with you.
Our commitment to you:
- Open writing: Fake news is an ever increasing problem in our lives. We commit to always referencing the original source of facts and statements in our posts. This allows you, the reader to always be aware of the full story.
- Bias: We always strive to publish fact based content. If we are writing from a personal perspective we will do our best to make this known.
- Credit where credit’s due: On both our blog and social media accounts we will always strive to credit the original author of content. In case we miss something, please let us know and we’ll rectify it.
- Friendship: We strive to never insult, dogmatize or publish rude/hateful content.
- Scout law: Finally, we always hope to live by the scout law.
Our expectations from you:
All posts on our social media platforms and comments on blog must adhere to the principles of civialised discourse. These rules are adapted from Discourse.org policy
- Your participation is vital, otherwise it’s just us talking to ourselves! By commenting your ideas and thoughts it makes sure we keep on track, and don’t end up in our own unrealistic bubble.
- Always be civil
- Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our platforms. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the blog or social media accounts.
- Only post your own stuff. Credit where credit’s due
- We expect your posts to be in English or Irish. We may not approve posts in a language we don’t understand.
- Be aware of our membership, although we are Rover section younger ventures and scouts may find their way onto our platforms. Be aware that their younger eyes may be reading your comments on well.
Information we collect:
We have a web standard google analytics system running on our blog, we collect basic information about location, reading behavior and browser details.
It would be a bit hypocritical of us to write this content and not accept your thoughts and ideas. You are always free to contact us and offer suggestions or comment on this policy. (Roverscouts@scouts.ie)
Looking forward to interacting with you,
The Rover Program Team